The third costume that I built was in January through March 2008. It was a combined costume, a standard Royal Guard and a Carnor Jax modification. I built alot of the Carnor Jax with Brian Fong, from the NEG.
The helmet is a fiberglass “Argentina” helmet that I got from ebay. It was a cracked B grade helmet that I had to fix. But well worth it as it was only about $200 vs. a standard helmet which runs for about $400. I only had to bondo, resand and repaint the helmet to get it up to speed. The helmet has about 10 light coats of red spray paint, and a layer of gloss.
The soft armor, outer robe, was purchased from “LadySewsforUs” on the Royal Guard forum. Great work on this, I don’t think I could ever get it that good. It feels like a formal costume you’d wear at a Christmas ball.
The inner robe was made using a pattern from Joann’s. I actually sewed it, and was my first real sewing project. Not bad for being totally hidden by the outer robe.
The armor was purchased from a vendor on the RG forum, and the force pike was made out of PVC pipe and parts from Home Depot.
For more pictures, go here: